NC Farm School 2020 – An Opportunity Not to Be Missed
NC Farm School is an in-depth training for any farmer interested in exploring which farm enterprises best suit their farm and financial goals and developing a strategic business plan.
NC Farm School includes eight business-planning classes taught by an Agriculture Economics Extension specialist and experienced agents. These sessions give students the tools to match a crop or animal operation with their current goals, land resources, and market opportunities. Evening classes offered every other week from 6–9 p.m are easy to fit into a busy schedule. Classes focus on different areas of agricultural business and cover practical steps in goal setting, resource assessment, financial management, and effective marketing strategies. The goal of NC Farm School is to provide farmers a pathway of success for profitable farm businesses.
The program also includes field trips to working farms, many of which completed our program, giving participants the opportunity to see successful, locally-adapted farming models in action. Participants learn economically sustainable farming methods in a range of production systems, including fruits, vegetables, specialty crops, poultry, animal husbandry, and agritourism.
Our 2020 NC Farm School – Foothills will be held at the Alexander Cooperative Extension Center in Taylorsville. Classes run January 16 – May 21, 2020. Any farmer in Yadkin, Alexander, or other regional counties are welcome to participate.
Some of the great tools you will receive in the NC Farm School are:
- Marketing, budgeting, finance, risk management, and farm production training tailored to your goals.
- One-on-one business consultations with NC State University Specialist.
- Continued events and relationships to help you develop your business beyond 2019 NC Farm School.
- Access to farming resources developed in our program exclusively for NC Farm School Students.
- Relationships with Extension agents in your county connecting you to valuable resources.
The cost is $399/ person or $599 for two farm business partners. Priority deadline for registration is December 10, 2019. For more information on the 2020 NC Farm School, and to register, please check out the link below: